Top Two Only horse racing
A system designed for use on provincial
tracks and focusing on those with the best average earnings –
not much action with this
plan but may be a good winning percentage.
1. Only possible contenders are those with the top or second top average
2. Eliminate any contender with a win strike rate of less than 10%
3. Eliminate any contender with a place strike rate of less than 15%
4. Eliminate any contender that finished worse than tenth at its last
start or was beaten by more than 6.5 lengths
5. Eliminate any horse that was beaten by more than 3.5 lengths at
its second last start or finished further back than fifth
6. Eliminate any horse hasn’t started for more than 45 days
7. Eliminate any horse going up or down in weight by more than 1.5
Tested over 155 days, there were 7 winners
from only 19 selections at an average price of just $4.00 (3/1) with
the longest losing sequence being 7.
(Warning: The test results are just that
– test results – and are published for your interest.
They should not in any way be considered a future
performance indicator or a guide to any profits that may or may not
be made using these criteria. Racing is not that predictable.)