Horse racing systems, racing ratings, horse racing software, horse racing staking plans and greyhound systems


Whole Box & Dice

Daily Ratings

The Grail

Speed Ratings

Par Times

Free Articles Library

Track Information

Racing Statistics

Free Staking Plans

Selfrate Software

Past Champs (A - L)

Past Champs (M - Z)

Feature Race Winners

Sport On This Day

Free Systems

Your Feedback

Speedrate 2016 software

Contact Us

Terms Of Use

Copyright Notice

40% Staking Plan

The 40% Staking Plan has been around for a long time but you may not have encountered it before.

It was a very popular method of race to race investment in the 1970's and 1980's.

Why then did it fall out favour, you may ask? No idea.

It seems to me it is a lot easier now with things like Excel spreadsheets to do the calculations for you as when it was popular last century it was a manual calculation.

Simply put, from each wining bet you retain 40% of the gross dividend and re-invest the other 60% on following bets.

Say the horse you back is $6.00 and you put $1.00 on it. The gross return is $6.00.

40% of $6.00 is $2.40 so that is retained in the punting bank and the other $3.60 is spread over the next 5 bets.

Why five bets? Because that was the winner's price of the last winning bet. (If it had been 2/1 the 60% would have been re-invested over the next 2 races etc., etc., etc.)

For example, 70 cents is added and re-invested for the next 5 bets. (Of course it would be an extra 50 cents per bet but you always round DOWN to the next betting unit allowed.)

If the price is not a whole number, e.g. $4.20, $4.40 etc., etc., etc., it gets rounded down to $4.00 (the next lowest WHOLE number) for the purposes of the calculation.

Remember - you ALWAYS retain the 40% of the winning dividend to your bank.

No staking plan can make up for plainly poor selections.

Disclaimer: Gambling on racing can be a very risky business and should only be undertaken with money you can comfortably afford to lose., or any of its associates or subsidiaries, cannot accept any responsibility for any loss occurred whatsoever in the use, or misuse, of information supplied






Horse racing systems and research